Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Biography

A quiet child, yet quite content,
Was cheerful, and did not resent
Life's ups and downs; so seldom cried,
I worried mother's loving eyes,

She feared the worst, she had me checked,
Yet doctor said all was correct,
"Be thankful, dear, he is okay,
He is just happy in his play,"

And then in school, became intense,
Unsatisfied, desire immense,
For perfect scores in all my work,
I concentrated, never shirked,

The same in sports, I played them all,
Average at best, except baseball,
I played in college, yet despite my will,
Professional leagues required more skill,

I studied science, to be employed
In chemistry; I quite enjoyed
Complexity in all I did;
I sought it out, although unbid,

And there you see my fatal flaw,
Like moth to flame, I felt the draw,
To more complex, I spurned my strengths,
And went instead to any length,

To challenge mind, in search for truth;
I studied biophysics, knew
That I would find life's meaning there,
But in the end, became aware,

Life's meaning lay in Spirit's Thought,
It guided me to all I sought,
Success in life, and peace and joy,
And happiness, if I employ,

"A Course in Miracles", I find,
Like Carl Jung's collective mind,
Gave me the peace of mind I sought,
It's Guidance now in every thought,

The ultimate in complex thought,
Eschewing judgement, I am brought
To everything I need and want,
My life is good, and lacking naught.

So there you have the basic me,
I'm sure there's more, as we will see,
Yet if the basic thought is right,
My life is good, my future's bright.

© 2009 Petit Poet

No comments: